Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

Well the day came, my baby started Kindergarten today. It started off well she got up ate a good breakfast and we headed out the door. She had fun with her friends at the bus stop.

Then the bus started coming and Faith got a little sad.
I met the bus at the school since they let parents come in for the first few minutes on the first day. Here she is hanging her back pack and putting her lunch away.
Finally right before I left I got a little smile.
The morning was a little teary for both of us but she did great and I am sure she will have fun.
On a side note this is a poem Faith's teacher gave the parents who were there this morning. I thought it was sweet so I'll share.

The First Day
I gave you a little wink and a smile
As you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave
And know your child must stay,
You've been with her for five years now
And been a loving guide,
But now alas, the time has come
To leave her at my side.
Just know that as you drive away
And as the tears may flow
I'll love her as I would my own
And help her learn and grow.
For as a teacher, I too know
How quickly the years do pass
So please put your mind at ease
And cry those tears no more
For I will love her and take her in
When you leave her at my door.
-Author unknown, edited by Lori Nichols 2008

1 comment:

Court and Britt said...

What a sweet poem!! Sorry that she had a hard time. I'm sure she will adjust and love it in no time.